After reading both Celia's and Alicia's lists of goals (instead of resolutions) for the new year, I was inspired. Over the past few days, while I was riding, I had a lot of time to think about what I truly wanted to work hard for this year. Two-oh-one-oh (yes, that's what I'm calling it) is a big year. It is the beginning of a new decade, the tens (!!!) and the beginning of a whole lot more. So, with that in mind, let me present to you my list of goals for the year:
- Get crafty. And arty. I got a sewing machine as a present that is sadly collecting dust. I need to put it to use! I even bought patterns for some cute summer tops. It's time to put needle and thread to work! PLUS...I have a wonderful vintage film camera that I should really put to use...
- Read more books and spend less time watching television. I know this sounds easy, but when you've got Iron Chef calling your name on a Sunday evening, it's kind of hard not to answer to it.
- Be more active! Ride my bicycle a little bit more and take my dogs out for longer walks. This is crucial!
- Eat more home-cooked meals. Ryan and I can fail epically on this one for the sheer fact that we work odd hours. We hardly have dinners together and it's a little weird to cook lunch at home and sit down to it, especially when we're out running errands. But I digress. That's exactly what I'm trying to work on!
- Do a better job at staying close to friends--whether that be through writing letters, phone calls, or emails, I would love to know of the happenings in my loved ones' lives. It's important to be a part of something, you know?
I think that's it for now. Baby steps, right? Five goals for the year is a pretty good number, I think. Of course, there will most likely be additions to this list. But as long as I can confidently check off each one, I think I'll be getting somewhere!
So, while this list comes a couple weeks after the new year actually began, I do hope all of you have a wonderful year!
PHOTO COURTESY OF: WE HEART IT